Coal being delivered to the wharf upstream of Kingston Bridge in the 1920’s en route to the Hampton Court Gas Works on Sandy Lane.
Aerial view of the Gridley Miskin timber yards on opposite sides of the river downstream of the bridge. Picture probably taken in the 1970’s.
The Thames Barge “Jane Mead” delivering cement at The Albany (Kingston) wharf around 1895.
The Home Park milking herd quenching their thirst upstream of Kingston Bridge around 1890.
Lower Teddington Road in the 1920’s with three malthouses on the immediate right, the entrance to Burgoine’s boatyard and the outboard motor suppliers in the Imperial House malthouse.
Fire at Gridley Miskin's timber yard in Kingston, 11th August 1928. The fire burned for 3 days and nights
Imperial House being converted from malting to office space around 1950.
Burgoine’s boatyard in 1890 with two malthouses.
Albert Bullen’s brass foundry in St John’s Road. Date unknown but flag and bunting suggests it could have been Coronation Year 1937.
Becketts Wharf was a busy boat repairs and chandlers site in 1980.