Trams ran from 1903 on a circular route from Twickenham via Teddington and Hampton Court. The White Hart was a major stop on the route.
Demolition work on the High Street December 1902
Track laying opposite the corner of School Road, 1903.
The section of track from Kingston Bridge to Hampton Court was provided with superior (and costly) granite sett blocks. The Dew Drop Inn is shown on the right of the postcard.
A tram passes the Local Board Offices and Endowed School.
First tram crossing Kingston Bridge 1 March 1906.
The double tracks completely filled the original (unwidened) bridge.
Trolleybuses, like trams, ran on overhead power lines. Most routes were therefore converted from earlier tram routes in the 1930s. Trolleybuses were themselves replaced by buses in the early 1960s.